Key Tasks and Duties include:
• Booking expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries and chasing for approvals.
• Payment of vendors, scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
• Receiving, verifying, and Booking employee expense reports.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Preparing monthly Cash flows.
• Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
• Reports VAT by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
• Preparation of External Invoices and Postings.
• Attending Vendor calls and resolving queries.
• Assisting in the Internal and External Audit Process.
• Manage full spectrum of financial and cost accounting roles eg. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting, etc.
• Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations.
• Perform a full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
• Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring, and controls.
• Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to HQ.
• Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
• Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting, and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances, and cost analysis.
• Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
• Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the setup.
• Support CFO in ensuring that intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy.
• Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
• Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives.
Senior Regional Accountant.
• Accounts Payable specialist – good understanding of FX Revaluations.
• Navision Experience an advantage.
• Experience with reviewing expense claims and posting.
• Accounts receivable expert – Dealt with contractors/Government organizations.
• Advanced Excel User.
• Senior Management reporting experience would be a plus.
• Well organized and detail-oriented.
• Quick Learner.
• Has demonstrated working under pressure in the previous role.
• Bachelors degree from an internally recognized university.
• Minimum 5-10 years of work experience in finance.
• Internationally recognized accreditation is preferred.