Attend a QuickBooks class from the comfort of your home.
What You'll Learn:
- Definition of Accounting from a small business perspective
- Explanation of why you need accounting
- Financial statements…what are they?
- What is an account?
- Double entry accounting and how it applies to QuickBooks
- Debits and credits…the essence of accounting
- Intro to accounting principles…the foundation of accounting
- Reporting principle
- Reliability principle
- Comparability principle
- Cost principle
- Revenue principle
- Matching principle
- Applying the principles
Accounting Basics in QuickBooks
- The balance sheet and profit & loss statement
- Working with account types
- Setting up the chart of accounts
- Management reporting vs. financial reporting
- Working with subaccounts
- Techniques to review account detail
- Understanding debits/credits in common QuickBooks transactions (checks, invoices, payments, deposits, bills, bill payments, and journal entries)
Reviewing Numbers for Accuracy
- Basic review techniques
- Using QuickZoom as an investigative tool
- Reconciling accounts to external documentation
- Verifying numbers on key reports
- Checking balances for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inventory
Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Basic financial interpretations
- Analyzing business trends
- Interpreting variable expenses
- Understanding and using key financial ratios (current ratio, return on equity, gross profit margin, and net profit margin)
The Accounting Cycle (who does what and when?)
- What is the accounting cycle and why is it important?
- Daily accounting tasks
- Weekly accounting tasks
- Pay period accounting tasks
- Monthly accounting tasks
- Quarterly accounting tasks
- Annual accounting tasks
- Key tasks within each cycle demonstrated in QuickBooks
- Closing the books
- Restricting access to closed periods
- Working with Your Accountant
- Speaking the same language as your accountant!
- Creating a client/accountant agreement
- Methods for getting information to your accountant
- Accountant's Copy Process
- Special reports for your accountant (journal report, general ledger, transaction entry journal, and trial balance)
- More Accounting
- Using account numbers
- Setting up classes to segment financial statements
- Budgeting and planning in QuickBooks
- Cash vs. accrual accounting
- Understanding and using retained earnings
- Year-end closing entries
- Finding prior year changes
- Also Includes These Valuable Resources:
- A glossary of accounting terms so you can finally understand your accountant!
- A QuickBooks keyboard shortcuts list - to save time
- A summary of account types and which financial statements they flow to
- A Debits and Credits "Cheat Sheet" - no need to memorize how they work!
- A list of financial ratios and how they are calculated
- A sample tax calendar so you know when various tax forms and payments are due
- A list of record-keeping requirements (as suggested by IRS)
- A periodic activities checklist (so important accounting tasks are not overlooked)
- A year-end closing checklist
- A step-by-step summary of the techniques used to exchange data with your accountant
- Help creating a client/accountant agreement, and assigning responsibilities
- A backup log you can use to schedule and monitor timely backups
Basic accounting knowledge makes QuickBooks easier.
You’ll be more efficient and confident AND you’ll uncover useful information hidden in your reports.
Learn the accounting “secrets” behind the scenes.
First you learn an accounting principle or concept then you see how it works in QuickBooks. Accounting 101 for the REAL WORLD!
Accounting Basics for QuickBooks
Reserve your seat
Mastering Accounting Basics for QuickBooks
Understanding accounting fundamentals is half the challenge of learning and using QuickBooks correctly! This class teaches you the basic accounting principles you must know to get the most from QuickBooks.
This product is perfectly suited for:
- QuickBooks users who want to discover what goes on ""behind the scenes"" of QuickBooks
- People who want to build a solid foundation in accounting
- Users who want to see master the debits and credits in QuickBooks
Four Great Reasons to Attend our QuickBooks Class Training
Powerful QuickBooks training from the only QuickBooks trainers certified by Intuit
- Comprehensive Training
Get Confidence for the Real World,
You'll leave with the confidence that you know QuickBooks, you're doing a good job, and you're ready to tackle QuickBooks. After two days with us, you'll be prepared to master QuickBooks.
Relaxed Classroom Setting
We make it easy to learn,
Students love our classes because our instructors keep it simple. Even if you're brand new to QuickBooks you'll feel at home in our classes. No confusing accounting jargon or terms. We make QuickBooks easy!
Your Questions Answered
Leave with answers,
Learning QuickBooks is challenging and questions come up. Most times, the training materials will answer your questions. If not, no problem! Our instructors will stay until all of your questions are answered.
Tips & Tricks to Fix QuickBooks
Tips and tricks to solve problems
QuickBooks training is all we do. You get a true QuickBooks training expert to teach you...at a fraction of the cost for a consultant or CPA.